Tuesday 3 January 2012

Mourners Turn Out for Ben Breedlove Memorial

 
Over 1,500 mourners turned out today for a memorial service in honor of Ben Breedlove, an 18-year old from Texas who died from a heart attack on Christmas Day.
Prior to his passing, however, Breedlove posted a few YouTube videos that detailed his brushes with death and his appreciation for life. He showed no fear of whatever lay ahead, as depicted below:

"It's exciting to know that Ben planted a seed in people's mind to begin thinking about things that really do matter in life," Ben's mother, Deanne Breedlove, told ABC News' Austin affiliate KVUE at the memorial. "You know, we all have hope. Everyone has challenges, but we have a real hope and he saw that. He felt the peace of God when he had those glimpses into heaven and heavenly presence."
Ben's videos have been viewed over 2.3 million times and a fund been established on behalf of his family to help spread Breedlove's message around the world, while also supporting others with his condition, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.
Follow the link above to learn more.
In one of his videos, Breedlove references his favorite artist, Kid Cudi, quoting one of his songs. In response, the rapper ha blogged the following:
"This has really touched my heart in a way I can't describe, this is why I do what I do. Why I write my life, and why I love you all so much. We love you Ben. Forever. Thank you for loving me." 

SOURCE: http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2012/01/mourners-turn-out-for-ben-breedlove-memorial/#ixzz1iM1slNZ6

No comments:

Post a Comment