Saturday 3 December 2011

SOURCE-Q MEETS WITH K-SWEED



Okpere Emmanuel Eromosele also know as K SWEED, is an independent upcoming artiste known for his unique rap flair. Managed by Homebred Ent. in Nigeria, and actress Juliet Ibrahim in Ghana, he's also into music production. He released his first mix-tape on the 11th of March this year titled 'Open Sesame' and has appeared on Leaderhip Newspaper, Focus FM, Rhythm FM, etc. Source-Q met up with him recently.

When asked how his interest in music started, ''My interest in music started in 2006, when I formed a band with my roommate....*laughs*...off record though. Anyway, so I started writing my own stuff. I write about everything. Whatever situation I'm in at the moment, if I have a break-up now, I'll write about it. I've written over thirty songs just about a lot of different things''

With Eminem, Jay Z, Biggie and M.I. as his greatest music influences, he describes his music to be like a story, his rap gives a detailed perspective of things. ''I rap...I do rap...I breathe rap...Rap is me.''

He says his music is like a diary. ''When I'm sad, It's my life, music is my life. That's the best thing about making music, I love the fact that I can relate it to myself. Music tells a story about anything. I love making music, because it means something to people''

''In ten years, I want to be recognized globally, not only in Nigeria. I want to be known internationally. I want to give people something to think of, I want to be in people's heads. I like to think outside the box. I'm a big dreamer. One of my greatest dreams is to get three-quarters of the world listening to my song at the same time. *laughs*, and someday maybe that will happen. It's the best feeling to know that you're in people's daily life. That's what success as an artiste means to me''

Source-Q asks: What is one song you would like to perform with the artiste who sang it?
K SWEED: The knowing by this new artiste, The weeknd. I'd like to add a rap sensation to that song.

To listen and download some of K sweed's songs:
More pics after the jump.




3 comments:

  1. Thumbs Up Mr. Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done k-sweed.......u'r doin realli well

    ReplyDelete
  3. a star in the making...vry talented young man

    ReplyDelete